A great name for a haunted house...or the story of "Ignition (remix)".
Once upon a time I got this idea for an all-holo rainbow hex glitter polish so I ordered holo-hexes in every color. So confident was I in my supplier and the good luck I'd had with their previous glitters that instead of doing my usual testing of each color, I got excited and impatiently threw them into a bottle with some base. It looked amazing(!) so I took some pictures, and still excited and impatient I even posted on Facebook. By now you might be able to guess where this is going....next stop Bloody Hollow!
It took a few days, but eventually some of the glitters started to bleed turning my masterpiece into brown crap. The problem was that I had mixed them all together so I couldn't tell which. I knew it was more than one because the base was turning brown, but I could also see that each color was still vibrant within the brown muck. It was time to do what I should have done in the first place and test each glitter individually.
Once I did that it was obvious that my problems were red, orange, and purple. I've now replaced those with non-holo versions and honestly, I can't tell the difference. Crisis averted!