Friday, July 27, 2012

Bloody Hollow

A great name for a haunted house...or the story of "Ignition (remix)".

Once upon a time I got this idea for an all-holo rainbow hex glitter polish so I ordered holo-hexes in every color.  So confident was I in my supplier and the good luck I'd had with their previous glitters that instead of doing my usual testing of each color, I got excited and impatiently threw them into a bottle with some base.  It looked amazing(!) so I took some pictures, and still excited and impatient I even posted on Facebook.  By now you might be able to guess where this is going....next stop Bloody Hollow!

It took a few days, but eventually some of the glitters started to bleed turning my masterpiece into brown crap.  The problem was that I had mixed them all together so I couldn't tell which.  I knew it was more than one because the base was turning brown, but I could also see that each color was still vibrant within the brown muck.  It was time to do what I should have done in the first place and test each glitter individually.


Once I did that it was obvious that my problems were red, orange, and purple.  I've now replaced those with non-holo versions and honestly, I can't tell the difference. Crisis averted!

1 comment:

  1. Yayyy a polish for "Ignition" <3 <3 <3
    I'm surprised that holo hexes and non-holo hexes don't look different in polish, that's very strange. Either way this is going to make for a great nail polish, so I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete