Friday, April 12, 2013

Introducing: Glitter A-Peel!!

Hello!   Today I am so pleased and proud to announce the newest product in the NPB lineup.

Glitter A-Peel is a clear quick drying base coat that is applied directly to the nail to enable you to peel off your manicure without damage to your nails. 

This is NOT a glue base coat; it contains the usual solvents and plasticizers found in all nail polish.  This is also NOT three-free - it does contain Toluene.

Application:

Apply one or two coats to your bare nail (For me two coats worked better to make it easier to peel).  Then apply your usual treatments, polishes and topcoat.  I have found that thicker manicures peel off easier (i.e. in one piece) where thinner ones (like cremes) will still peel, but in a few pieces.

Removal:


When you're ready to remove, use an orange stick (NOT YOUR NAILS - I know, it's hard, but try to resist the urge) to gently get the peel started (either from the side or the cuticle line) and remove!  As a final step use remover to clean up any last traces of the basecoat.

**PLEASE NOTE**  Safety is key here - don't use any metal implements to start the peel, and please don't force things.  If you find that your polish is really sticking, it may be time to call it quits and bust out the acetone. 

I have peeled off about 30 manicures in the last month and I'm satisfied that this works, and works well.  The next step is for people other than me to try it!  I'm doing it differently this time and offering a limited amount at a very low introductory price to give anyone that wants to a chance to try it out!  I would really love to hear your feedback on this if you do decide to purchase it.  The launch will be at 3PM EDT in my Etsy shop.

28 comments:

  1. I just snagged one and will be happy to report my results. Thanks for the introductory price, it made purchasing it a no-brainer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay - I'm so excited! I really wanted to give non-bloggers the chance to try something new, so I hope you love it!

      Delete
  2. Allison you are a GENIOUS!!! This is why I love you so!!!! :D <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got a bottle! I'm so excited! I can't wait to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait either! And let me thank you again for such a great post today - your nails are stunning!

      Delete
  4. I purchased two! One to review and one to give away :) Very excited to try this out, it's been a while since I purchased anything

    ReplyDelete
  5. will you be making more/ i think I totally missed out :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Hi Crisdee! I just added a few more, and I'll be making a TON more available once I"m sure it works as well for everyone as it has for me. Thanks!

      Delete
    3. I'm so sad I missed again!!! dang :((( oh well... I'll have to be patient... hope it works out... this is an awesome thing you made!!

      Delete
  6. Yay! Snagged two :) Will definitely be trying this out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I purchased one for me and a friend! Can't wait to try it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where will you announce it once you have more. Looks like I totally missed out! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I announce restocks on my Facebook mainly. Thanks!

      Delete
  9. me too, i really want something like this cuz when i use the glue base coat my polish always pops off before i want it too

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really would like to know, how long does a manicure with this last? Will it last through dishwashing and showering??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shelby! So far I can say that it does last through one shower for me, but I always recommend wearing gloves for washing dishes so I can't comment on the wear time there.

      Delete
  11. Wish I had known about this, would have waited to order so I could have gotten this too ;( on the up side the order i placed on the 7th arrived on the 9th, that's like freaky fast :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just finished my testing, I used Dollish's Spank You Very Much for its glittery bombness. It worked perfectly, just needed a tiny bit of cleanup around my cuticle. This is such a great idea and a fantastic product. Thank you for letting me try it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for letting me know! I'm so happy it worked well for you!

      Delete
  13. How is this different from a regular basecoat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi L! This lets you peel your polish off instead of removing with acetone.

      Delete
  14. When will this be back in stock?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly - Restocks are every Friday at 3PM EDT. Thanks!

      Delete
  15. Hi I wrote a review on my website (mirandascottnailsdesigns.blogspot.ca) about Glitter-A-Peel. This product is amazing I really love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Did my nails this night and by this morning I had lost three nails during the night and more popped off as I was putting on my robe. This worked TOO well for me. Maybe next time I'll have to try one coat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie! Definitely try one coat next time! Thanks for getting in touch.

      Delete