Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Revlon Lemon Meringue vs Maybelline Banana Puddin'

One of my favorite things to see on other nail blogs are comparison posts, so here's my first attempt at returning the favor! Revlon has a LE summer display out right now of several pastel colors that are also scented. This is the yellow from that collection - Lemon Meringue. Yellows are always tough to apply and this was no exception. I used three coats plus topcoat in the picture below. I will also say that I'm normally not one to go for scented polish but this smells INCREDIBLE. All Revlon polish is on sale this week at Rite Aid for $2.99, and if you can find a $1 off coupon to use it's a great deal.

 I'm comparing this with a long discontinued polish - Maybelline Banana Puddin'. I was able to get this through a generous swap, and I'm really glad I didn't pay $15 for it on eBay. I had an even harder time with application - still three coats but it's even streaker than the Revlon. I've heard this one referred to as a jelly which was why I wanted to try it but in my opinion this is just a streaky non-cooperative cream.



It's pretty obvious these are not dupes, though they are close. I prefer the Revlon because it's easier to apply and I think it looks better with my skintone. My husband however couldn't tell that they were different until I told him, so I'd say this is a great alternative if you've been dying to try Banana Puddin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment